On Monday 29 July, 2019, Friends World Committee for Consultation hosted a webinar to help Friends learn more about the work of a group of mostly North American Friends who have been working together across the Quaker theological spectrum to develop a shared Quaker voice on earth care.
During the webinar, we heard from three members of the group:
- Adrian Halverstadt, Director of Evangelical Friends Church – North America
- Lindsey Fielder Cook, Representative for Climate Change at the Quaker United Nations Office, Geneva
- Susanna Mattingly, FWCC's Sustainability Communications Manager.
Our time together prompts me to articulate what I know. As Quakers:
- we share a deep love of God
- we have a great imagination for what can be
- we have optimism based on our strong faith
- we have a commitment to respect and love all of life
- we appreciate and are fed spiritually by nature and all of creation
- we are stronger and better together
- and we enjoy a dogged determination to work for change
We will continue to amplify our Quaker voice and to bring a deeper understanding of love to the world. I am looking forward to more of these gathered experiences,
from Gretchen Castle, FWCC General Secretary (8/13/2019)